Monday, November 16, 2009

Better Days to Come

My Lyme numbers are now in the danger zone as I wrestle with double vision, nasty headaches, tenderness in various bones in my skull, difficulty walking along with other neurological issues and finding the wrong word slipping into my sentences several times a day. Today I received a new picc line and the first infusions of antibiotics, while I rolled a skein of beautiful yarn into a ball, a gift from a dear friend. I love the color and softness and look forward to creating something special. As I neared the end, the tangles I never seem to avoid became more challenging, but I really loved the yarn and didn't want to lose any so I kept working to untangle each snarl. Finally, almost magically, I was at the end, which you see pictured above in my lap and the analogy to my fight with this disease did not escape me. There is no simple fix when you have neurological Lyme. I'm still working on the snarls and though I miss my family dearly, I know that each infusion brings hope of better days to come.

The girls cheered when they saw my first infusion tonight on Skype. Three infusions down. There are some Borrelia that are in for some serious trouble tonight.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for all the crazy symptoms you're having. Sounds awful. One thing I haven't had is double vision. Can't imagine. So do you stay at the hospital to do all this? My LLMD wants to get me on a PICC, but I thought I could do it all at home....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the picc line insertion and the first infusions were done at the hospital. I am doing home infusions, now. : )

    ReplyDelete