Friday, April 29, 2011

The Question

My husband recently asked a question that had me roaring with laughter. It was a simple question and perfectly innocent. He was sitting at the computer, on eBay, looking at clothes from J. Jill, a long favorite company of mine.

"What style are you going for these days?"

Little did he know it would elicit such whoops of laughter!

Is there a style name for comfy pajama bottoms paired with long sleeve super soft cotton tops? Add fleece when cold? I'm pretty sure I'm a candidate for TLC's "What Not to Wear", though would NEVER have the energy to fly to New York City and shop for three days!!! That's okay because I'm equally sure Stacy London's shoe choices would neither accommodate orthotics or an AFO! As I'm incapable of making decisions regarding money, it truly is pointless to even go down that road.

My clothing is functional. It is often difficult for me to fall asleep at night. Though I'm tired, it is when I experience the most pain so I often catch up by sleeping in the morning. Each day at 2:45pm, I trade the pjs for a pair of yoga pants or khakis and pick up our daughters from school. I had to laugh when our Border Collie leaped to attention mid-morning last week after seeing me change, certain we were heading out. When I shared this memory with my husband and demonstrated with the dog, we were both laughing until tears rolled down our cheeks.

Maybe this is just one of those questions that is better left unanswered? Wishing you the joy of laughter!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious that even your dog takes your clothing change as a sign that something's about to happen! That is really funny! I like your husband's way of phrasing his question, too.

    ReplyDelete