Sunday, October 11, 2009

Divine Providence II


Sometimes illness proves a blessing. As sick as I was, the respiratory infection yielded valuable clues as to the source of my illness. With a weakened immune system, the Lyme symptoms came through loud and clear. The infection also left an ear infection in it's wake that took a serious turn when it spread to the mastoid bone behind my ear. Turning to an urgent care for help and finally ending up in an ENTs office where my ear was drained of infection and a tube surgically added for drainage. High dosage antibiotics continued. The ENT later confided I had missed a hospital admission and PICC line antibiotics by the narrowest of margins. I started to feel better, for the first time in years. My coloring and energy level were improving. I couldn't help but feel that perhaps God had weighed in on the matter of whether my body needed antibiotics. Whatever was wrong most definitely responded to antibiotics. Even with a horrible infection, I felt better!

No comments:

Post a Comment